Sunday, July 1, 2012

It was supposed to be 3 weeks...

This was supposed to be the first 3-week span for me not seeing my family. That’s right – 3 weeks. The longest we’ve gone since the move is 2 weeks. I had prepared my mind for the 3 weeks and knew although I didn’t want to, I could do it. Fate had other plans. At the end of the 2nd week, Katie, Josh & Jake were scheduled to head back from the beach and were going to stop by on their way home so they could see our house for the first time. I, of course, called Mom & Dad to see if they wanted to meet us for dinner in Lexington. Never expecting them to actually drive the 2 hours, I was thrilled when they agreed and met us at our favorite spot.

We had the best time hanging out, just the 7 of us, for a couple of hours. I’m so thankful for my awesome family & all of the chances we’ve had to spend time together lately.





katie said, "you smile and i'll make faces beside you." this was part of our photo shoot...




jake is such a big man now, but the fact that he still wears footie pj's makes it a little easier to swallow



on saturday, josh & jamie stopped by on their way to the beach (a beach vacation for everyone but us seems to be a trend). i'm so glad we got to see them & their precious son, pierce who's a bundle of awesomeness.




No comments:

Post a Comment