Wednesday, February 27, 2013

35 Weeks - 9 Months

I've officially started my 9th month of pregnancy!


Size: A coconut! According to thebump.com, she's about 17.2-18.7 inches & weighs about 4.2-5.8 lbs. My big girl is measuring on the high end. At our appointment last week she was measuring 5lbs 11oz. Yep, 5oz from a 6 pounder already & at that time I still had 6 weeks to go. The tech said if I go full-term she'll likely be between 8 & 9 lbs. Whaaaaattttt?????

Major happenings this week: Her hearing is fully developed & she responds best to high-pitched noises.

Sleep: Great! I think I've finally mastered what works for me!

Miss Anything: Nothing.

Food Cravings: Nothing specific.

Bellybutton in or out? Out

Wedding rings on or off? On

Gender: Girl!

What's been happening: Ryan had a great birthday! We started the celebration at work with his 2nd favorite cake, Raspberry Elegance from Publix. (You can't get strawberry cake from the Sweetery very easily around here).






We had another shower this past weekend in Lexington and it was wonderful, just like all the others. We're still so overwhelmed with how many people are showing us love right now. Our parents + Ryan's sister were able to come into town and it was wonderful having everyone together!

At our last appointment we were required to get an ultrasound because my belly was measuring so big the week before. The tech confirmed that I do have some extra fluid around the baby & the baby is measuring a little big. Neither of these things are bad (we'd rather have extra fluid than not enough), and if Miller continues to measure ahead, she may come early! We have to get another ultrasound tomorrow to check on my fluid levels & her growth. I can't wait to see her again!

I can't remember if I've written about this or not, but here's the last thing (and this is kind of weird). About 5 weeks ago I started hearing a "clicking" sound coming from my belly.The best way I can describe it is a piece of plastic popping or fingernails clicking together. It's always faint, but Ryan and my mom have also heard it. I called my doctor to let her know & she said she'd never heard of it before. I, of course, did some research online & some other women have heard the same sound. Their doctors think it's either the baby's joints popping or an air bubble popping in my belly. I'm really not surprised. I've ALWAYS told people that I have thin skin. This is my proof!
Looking forward to: Our appointment tomorrow to see if Hercules is still large & in charge. Also, we're planning to finish the nursery this weekend, so I can't wait to get it done & post about it!


Anxious about: Still, getting everything done in time. I know she won't know or care either way, but it would put my mind at ease.
After the labor & delivery class we half-way attended on Saturday (we left with 4 hours left because I was over it), I should be anxious about being in labor. Why don't they ever make videos of women who give births with an epidural? Sheesh. Scare the pants off a pregnant lady, much?

No comments:

Post a Comment