Sunday, December 16, 2012

Nursery Ideas

I've been working tirelessly on Miller's nursery design. I had the perfect design in mind when I was convinced I was having a boy. I was even going to use this design up until about 3 weeks ago when Ryan finally convinced me it wasn't feminine enough. Since when does the dad have to tell the mom to put some pink in the room?

Here's the design I was in love with:


 
 
Emily Hewett is one of my favorite designers. I love EVERY room she designs & when she revealed this nursery she designed for her twin boy & girl, I was sold. I still love this room so much and may have to copy every piece of it if I have a boy next, but for now, I've filed it away.
 
I did keep one main piece of this design. I ordered the curtains for Miller's room like the ones in this room from West Elm & ordered a couple of extra ones to make the crib skirt like she did.
 
So... back to the drawing board I went. I headed straight to Pinterest to get ideas for a more "girly" nursery design & stumbled upon two pictures that got my motors running. 
 
 
I'm going to try to mimic this color for the wall color. I haven't decided if I'm going to do it on every wall, or just use it on an accent wall.

 
We have a white crib and since the sheet will be white & the crib skirt will be made out of the curtain fabric, I knew I needed to bring in some color. I'm in the process of picking out the right pink fabric for the bumper. I'll pick a printed fabric that contains the same pink to be made into a pillow for the glider.
 
I did just get this beauty in the mail the other day & I can't wait to hang it up!
 
 
If that doesn't scream "GIRL!!!" I don't know what does :)
 
I'm still working on accessories for the room. Those will come once the painting is done & the fabric is in. Here's the crib, which we put together last night!
 
 
We have an old dresser that I'm going to refinish in a dark wood. I already love the contrast with the white crib. I'm going with this color glider & ottoman:
I'm having so much fun working on this room. I can't wait to see it all come together!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment