Monday, January 14, 2013

Our Weekend

We had a wonderful weekend, and as expected, it was filled with family, friends & great times. The only thing I regret is not taking more pictures. We got to hang out with a lot of our college friends Saturday night & I didn't take a single photo. Oh well, I guess that's what our memories are for, right?

On Saturday morning we headed to Greenville for a late birthday lunch with my family since we couldn't all get together on my real birthday. We met at Brick Street Cafe and it was absolutely wonderful!








I've mentioned before how incredible this place is, and how even MORE incredible their cake is. My parents bought an entire sweet potato cake (my favorite!) for us to share. This cake is big enough to feed 20+ people. Keep in mind there were 6 adults there. My mom has a recurring fear of running out of food. When she makes mashed potatoes we can feed a village.

I visited my sweet friend Rebecca after lunch and she has a beautiful little girl. I was able to score some awesome hand-me-downs from Whitley Grace & I know Miller will love wearing them!

After visiting with Becca & WG, we headed to Josh & Jamie's to get ready for the birthday party. I took the leftovers to my best friend as a surprise (shocker, it's her favorite cake too). She had a surprise waiting on me when I got to her house... a giant piece of sweet potato cake! Great minds think alike, huh?

We went to the Esso Club in Clemson to celebrate a wonderful man's 55th birthday & got to see a lot of our favorite people. We all (yes, the men included) huddled around a couple of the TV's to watch the Miss America pageant. Miss South Carolina is a Clemson student, so we were all rooting for her. I still think she got robbed, but that's a whole other post.

Here's the only picture I took the entire night...


It's always wonderful to have a night out with your best friends, especially when you're all on the same page. We headed home at 11:00 because we couldn't hold our heads up any longer.

On Sunday morning we woke up to sweet Pierce, had biscuits with Josh & Jamie, then headed back home to get stuff done around the house.

Ryan finished the dresser for the nursery and the lady making the bedding for the nursery also finished the bumper & crib skirt. I'm getting so excited about putting it all together!

No comments:

Post a Comment