Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Trends for Spring & Summer

I love clothes and I love trends, so when the bright, fun colors started popping up everywhere for the Spring I couldn't contain my excitement! Last spring, neutrals were really big (what a drag) and after Fall & Winter I want nothing more than to throw on some color & paint the town. Here are a few trends that I'm loving for the warm months ahead.

SHORTS
I've always been a fan of summer dresses (and still am), but shorts have made a comeback in a big way. They're popping up everywhere - including my new favorite show, Fashion Star. Here are two examples of how they can be dressed up or down, depending on tops, shoes & jewelry that are paired with them.


NEON
Hello! I was born in the 80's, so I nearly died when I saw neon was coming back. It's being done in such a fun way that I really want to get in on this trend.
If lots of neon makes you nervous, start small with just a top or a bold necklace!

COLORED CROPS
Colored skinny jeans made it big in the fall & the trend has carried over in the spring. I MUST HAVE these two colors to carry me into the summer months. (Yes, white is a color and just happens to be my favorite!)



CLUTCHES
I think I'm making this a trend. I've seen some amazing clutches floating around & I'm bound & determined to down size my carry-alongs so I can start using them!



STATEMENT JEWELRY
Again, this is nothing new, but it is a bit trendy. Statement jewelry is back & better than ever. It can totally change or update a whole outfit!



Majority of these pictures are from a boutique called Page6. You can find them on facebook. My horrible best friend introduced me to this shop a few weeks ago & should be locked away. I'm on a quest to start eating ramen noodles again so I can spend all of my money in this store!
Happy Spring shopping - GO BOLD OR GO HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment