Thursday, April 26, 2012

Washing Berries by the Pot

I moved from a really large office (3 floors - 2 bathrooms and a kitchen on each floor) to a one floor, 5-person office (same company, different location). While there are many perks to this new location, there’s one thing I just can’t stand. Meet our kitchen.



This beaut seems to serve its purpose. There’s a mini fridge/microwave combo, an “honor system vending machine” and a table filled with old gossip magazines, but wait… something’s missing… no sink! What’s a kitchen with no sink? That’s right, a break room. Dangit. I lost my work kitchen and now I have to go to the bathroom to even make a cup of coffee. Gross.



I took it to a whole new level today. I brought strawberries to work & forgot to wash them at home this morning. If you know me at all you know I eat every 3-4 hours, or every 2-3 if I’m bored, so not eating them wasn’t an option. Enter: washing berries by the pot. I had to wash my beautiful strawberries by the porcelain king today. Better to get fecal bacteria or poison from cleaning supplies in my mouth than a few pesticides?


Apparently in my own self-destructive state of hunger I thought so.




No comments:

Post a Comment