Wednesday, March 13, 2013

37 Weeks - Full Term!

Well, I made it! I never thought this day would come. If I were go to into labor today, the doctors wouldn't try to stop it. Miller would be just fine and we'd get to meet our baby girl. But... I don't see that happening. She seems to be quite content in there, so for now, I'll incubate her a little longer and fatten her up. I hope she'll want to come out by 40 weeks; I can totally handle 3 more weeks of pregnancy.



Size: A winter melon. She likely measures 18.9-20.9 inches & weighs about 6.2-9.2 lbs. Quite the broad range, huh?

Major happenings this week: We're full term! Such an exciting time to know she can come any day now.

Sleep: Great!

Miss Anything: Nothing.

Food Cravings: None. Still trying to be careful about what I eat. I usually blow it on the weekends.
 
Bellybutton in or out? Out

Wedding rings on or off? On

Gender: Girl!

What's been happening: I had another appointment on Monday to check my belly size & see if I'd progressed at all. My belly measured right at 37 weeks & I hadn't dilated at all. I was a little disappointed, just because people tell me all the time, "there's no way you'll make it to 40 weeks!" I almost expected to have her at 38-39 weeks (which I still may), but I quickly got over it. She'll come when she's ready!
 
I've started working a couple of days from home each week to get used to the process. I'll be working at home full time once Miller arrives to avoid the cost of daycare. Good grief, it's expensive!
 
Looking forward to: Staying home! We are officially staying put in Lexington until Miller makes her arrival. Hopefully we'll get everything done around the house that needs to be done.

Anxious about: Her size. Part of my disappointment with the appointment on Monday stems from the fact that I think if I go to 40 weeks, she may come out walking. At my 34 week appointment, she was measuring 5lbs 11oz. The tech said if I deliver at 40 weeks, she'll likely be 8-9lbs, and she said this without batting an eye. 9lbs, seriously? I may never walk again. I know God is in control and the doctors are the professionals, so I just need to relinquish control (as if I have any), and just trust the people in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment