Happy Cinco de Mayo! In honor of this joyous holiday that's usually spent by Americans scouring their local Mexican restaurants for discount tacos and margarita specials, I've decided to share a new recipe that I love. Seriously, if you don't try this, you're not an America celebrating the victory of the Mexican militia over the French army at The Battle Of Puebla. Get your mind right. I found this recipe while reading blogs
at work during my free time. Enjoy!
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- 10 soft taco shells
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 14oz. can of chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 4oz. can diced green chillies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan.
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and coo 1minutes. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to a boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.