Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I'll Have S'more

I love s'mores. Like, luuurrrve s'mores. I'm obsessed with this simple desert. I don't remember the first time I ever had one... probably because I blacked out after one bite from its sheer goodness, but I've loved these little creatures from heaven for a long time. I once convinced my best friend to roast marshmallows over a cranberry-scented candle. My dad wasn't impressed when I told him about my make-shift campfire and informed me that it could be really toxic, so that ended my error of indoor marshmallow roasting.

I just want to lay a couple of things out there:
1. If you invite me to your home & you have a fire going outside, I expect to make s'mores.
2. If you don't have the ingredients to make s'mores, I will leave your house to buy them.


The other day I was sitting in my living room watching TV when it hit me... I HAD to have a s'more. Luckily, I keep a stocked supply of s'more ingredients, so I was good to go. But how to roast the marshmallows? I knew Ryan wouldn't help me gather sticks to make a fire on a 90 degree Sunday afternoon, plus I had already exhausted that favor the last time I got a craving, so I had to get creative. Luckily,[once again] I found a box of matches and headed to my back deck to whip up a little magic.

Here was the setup - notice the glass was sweating from the heat.


Got my box of matches! It took me about 10 matches to completely roast the marshmallows. Yes, I roasted marshmallows on a fork.




Tip of the day - use 2 marshmallows on each s'more. It'll rock your world.


If you get a craving, come by my house. Chances are I'll be making s'mores, even in the dead of Summer.

1 comment: