Friday, September 7, 2012

Weekend Getaway

Last weekend we set off to Aynor, SC, more specifically, Galivants Ferry, SC for Ryan's cousin's wedding. If you've never been to the Aynor area, let me tell you a little bit about it... fields... land... houses... Bojangles.

I joke, but it really is a beautiful place with tons of open land. In fact, the bride's family owns over 300 acres & they got married on the exact piece of land where they'll build their first home. Presh.

Since we were the only out-of-town guests (no joke) they thoughtfully put us up in the Bed & Breakfast in Aynor. It was absolutely adorable. The Hagood House Inn was a perfect place to spend a weekend. We stayed in a spacious room with a private bathroom than had jam-up herringbone tile floors and a claw-foot tub.


our room

the parlor

The rest of these were taken with my phone, so please forgive me!


the outside dining area where you can eat Sunday buffet or have a wedding for up to 250 guests

it had so many original touches that were fabulous

claw-foot tubs bring back childhood memories!

Ryan chilaxin on his chaise

beautiful light fixtures throughout

On Saturday morning Ryan took off to play a round of golf with the groom. I figured out that the Myrtle Beach outlets were only 35 minutes away, so guess where I went! I did some damage to the bank account, then headed back to Galivants Ferry to get ready for the big shin dig. I have to preface this part by saying I regrettably took zero photos of the ceremony or reception. I hate that so badly because the bride worked so hard on the ceremony site. She drew a lot of inspiration from Pinterest. The isle was topped with 5 chandeliers that had been spray painted white and the isle runner was made of burlap. There was lots of wildflowers & burlap around the reception site. It really was beautiful!

Here are some happy pictures of the couple that I swiped from FB.





We left the reception right around the start of the Clemson game & caught the 1st half on the radio. We made it home in time to watch the 2nd half, but we didn't have to worry about the outcome... God sent us a beautiful sunset to let us know he loves the Clemson Tigers too! (Yes, I know this would make more sense if we hadn't played Auburn & there wasn't blue in the sunset. Don't judge me.)


No comments:

Post a Comment