Saturday, February 18, 2012

Kitchen Redo - Part 1

I’ve always found the hardest part of a room makeover is deciding what you want the room to look like. Enter Pinterest. This is my (and majority of civilization’s) latest obsession. Luckily I’ve had a few months to figure out what I want my kitchen to look like. I’m always drawn to white cabinets and in a small space like our kitchen will be, white is the perfect choice. The tough part will be finding someone who will paint them. My mom & I painted the ones in our current home & that was a nightmare. I’m more than willing to pay someone else to do it! Here are a couple of pictures of the kitchen as it is now…


There are so many things I want to change, cabinet color, countertops, wall color, appliances, light fixtures, window treatments… the list goes on & on, but I’m going to try to stop there. Luckily, the floor is pretty neutral, so we’re going to try to work with it to save some money there. Below is a picture of my dream kitchen. I saw this picture for the first time and immediately fell in love.







It’s so crisp, clean & fresh – exactly how I want my kitchen to look. Obviously, many of the features won’t be the same, but this is the general inspiration for what I want. Here are a couple of more pictures of my favorites.





Because of the floor, I don't know if I'll be able to go with stark white cabinets, I may need to make them a little more antique-y white. Either way, I'll be better than what's in there now! We close on the hosue in less than 2 weeks (eek!!), so I'm hoping this will happen fairly quickly. Our first project will be installing a fence for our two sweet pups, then on to the kichen! Stay posted for more pics of the new house & my decorating ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment