Thursday, February 23, 2012

Staying Neutral

I’ve always loved color. I love seeing it, I love wearing it, frankly, I love everything about it. Color can change your mood. {It’s proven - don’t chalenge me on this one.} But, lately I’ve fallen in love with all things neutral. I’ve found so many pictures on Pinterest and houzz.com that make my heart sing!

Our new living room is a whole lot of beige. All beige, except for the white mouldings and mantle and the black in the fireplace. I’m choosing not to even acknowledge the white fan accented in brass. Well, I guess I just did, but that’s the first thing to go! I almost died the first time I walked this room. I practically yelled, “It’s so sterile!” I’m pretty sure I offended our Realtor because I later found out he told the owner to paint the entire house this color. 2700 square feet of builder grade white. Yikes.







The strange thing is, the more I go in this room the more I love it. I’m not sure if I’m beginning to love it because I know it will cost $400 to paint, or if I’m actually growing fond of it. I’ll stick with the latter and show you why. All of these neutral living rooms speak to me. I’ve finally realized that neutral doesn’t have to be boring! If you layer different textures & hues of neutrals you can create an pretty fabulous, comfortable and inviting space. Here are a few of my favorites.



Shady Grove Family Room traditional family room


Living Room traditional living room


Seeley Family Room traditional family room


We can always throw in color with drapes, pillows & rugs, but for now, this is a good jumping off point. Now… for a new couch…

No comments:

Post a Comment