Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Perfect Valentine's Day

I’m a defiant little soul. Nothing bothers me more than for someone who has no authority to tell me what to do. Case in point = I hate Valentine’s Day. The world tries to tell me to be romantic, to expect my husband to send me a bouquet of overpriced red roses, and heaven forbid, to like hearts. Ain’t gonna happen.

Thankfully, my wonderful husband knows me well. We didn’t make reservations for Valentine’s Day. We drove around for over an hour and eventually stumbled on this little gem:


Looked harmless & non-romantic enough, so I agreed. Just a fun, easy dinner. Don’t get me wrong – I love to get dressed up and go out to a really nice restaurant, just not when I’m told I have to. This place was the definition of a good time. Bad food, but a really good time. We were lucky enough to go on a Tuesday night, which if you’re a Lexington local, you know that means hard-core karaoke. After tone-deaf Gayle’s version of Trisha Yearwood’s “That’s What I Like About You,” I knew I’d found a home. I love it here & can’t wait for many more Tuesday nights and perfect Valentine’s Days.
Like my flower? All of the lovely ladies who dined at Uno got one of these. Try to keep your jealously to a minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment