Sunday, February 12, 2012

Just Another Saturday...

As if I have nothing else to do, in the middle of cleaning my house & getting ready for the big move, I found it an appropriate time to take on a Saturday afternoon project. We’re moving from an 1100 sq ft house into an almost 3000 sq ft house, so I have a lot of ground to cover (literally). We need to buy a lot more furniture…


So I bought a footstool. Yes, a footstool. Not a couch, not a bed. A footstool. It was $3.50 at Goodwill, so how was a girl to pass it up? Rome wasn’t built in a day. The same rings true for my furniture collection.


Here are the steps I took to fix up this little guy…

Before {brown beaut} - I loved the lines




I used Rust-opeum's "heirloom white." Just two thin coats gave me the amount of coverage I wanted.


Voila! Ready for the last leg of the face lift...







Earlier in the week I had a local fabric store cut a cushion to fit.




I forgot to take pics of the process of covering the cushion, but basically, I lined up the fabric, flipped the stool over, used my handy staple gun to secure the fabric to the under side of the stool, then trimmed off the excess. The stool has now found a new home under a table in our living room. I have a feeling he'll find a new home (and probably a new fabric face lift) in our new home!


No comments:

Post a Comment