Friday, March 9, 2012

Caging the Beasts

They seem innocent enough, right?

Wrong. Dead wrong.

In 5 days my dogs (actually, just Baker) managed to wreak more havoc on my basement than a tornado could. I swear to you – I don’t know how one 60-pound lab can do such things. The good news is that they’re finally outside! We found a local fence company who took pity on us and quickly put up our new fence. (All of the other companies quoted 2-4 weeks). At our old house we fenced in our entire back yard and the dogs had free reign. After 3 years of stepping over/on giant piles of free fertilizer, we learned our lesson. Our precious (and yes, I use that term lightly right now) dogs finally have their new home. We’ll still have part of the yard to ourselves & they have a big enough area to play.







On to more exciting things, {clearly}, I’ve been on Ramen noodle diet. 4 out of 5 lunches this week have been a pack of chicken flavored noodles & a banana. We’ve discussed my cheapness before, but this takes it to a whole new level. I eat lunch for just $.20 a day. That’s crazy, and even I know that. Plus, the amount of sodium in these little packets has made me retain enough water to make a camel jealous. I’m going to have to cut back to one pack every week or two so my body doesn’t retaliate against itself.



The best part of this post, besides the fact that it’s Friday… my parents are visiting tomorrow!! We’re going to get some painting knocked out. I’m so ready to make this house a home! Stay tuned for home update pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment