Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Living Room Update

The living room & kitchen are the heart of every home. Unfortunately, these are our two least favorite rooms right now. They both need so much work and it's going to be a while before we can update them. I've decided to make small, inexpensive changes for now so we can live with the spaces until we can save up to do what we really want to do. We had a cute living room at the old house, but everything looked so dingy in the new house next to the really light carpet. I decided to bring in cooler colors in an attempt to make it all work without buying new furniture. We still have the mocha sectional, chocolate brown recliner & light tan accent chair. I'd love to bring in some strong silver accents (lamps) to give the blues & greys a pop. I bought these pillows & some dark grey ones last night from Target & I love them with our furniture.






I'm a firm believer that curtains make a house a home. I love the idea of patterned curtains b/c the only pattern in the entire room are these small pillows. I have a feeling I'm going to by several different ones and return many of them before I find ones I love in the room. Here are three of my favorites from Target.

















I hope I can pull it all together soon & create a cool, calming and fun living room!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog, Amy! And we sure do miss y'all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We miss y'all too! Just a week & 1/2 and we'll see you!

    ReplyDelete