Sunday, March 4, 2012

Moving Day

I can hardly keep my eyes open as I type this. It’s only 8:15 and I want nothing more than to crawl in the bed. But, I can’t. At 10:00 we have to take our dogs out again to “potty.” They’re in our basement in the chain-linked kennel. They got banned to the kennel this afternoon when they broke the top and chewed off the handle of the basement toilet. We thought they were mature enough to handle their urges, but apparently they aren’t. Ryan made sure to close the basement blinds so our neighbors wouldn’t see the cage inside and think we kidnapped a child.

On to more exciting things… we finally moved! The movers showed up at our Easley house at 10:00 Friday morning. Since Ryan had to work & I had to be in Lexington to sign the papers on our new house, Ryan’s dad graciously agreed to drive all the way up to Easley to be there with the movers. They boxed up our lives and in six hours had my house completely empty. For a few minutes I sat in the middle of the living room floor astonished at the empty house. How could we leave the house we (and our parents) had put so much work into? We knew it would be hard to leave our first home, but closing the door for the last time was almost more than I could bare. I spent Friday night at my parents’ house and Ryan was with his dad at our hotel in Lexington.

HAPPY DAY! On Saturday morning dad & I headed to Lexington at 7:00 a.m. Armed with biscuits & coffee we made the two-hour drive (thanks so slow pokes & lots of rain) and finally arrived at our new house just in time to see the rain-soaked movers hauling in the first load. Thankfully the rain stopped around 11 and we were able to work the rest of the day until we crashed. Here are some pictures from the day…



The man loves his new yard.












EVERY piece of furniture & every box contains a little orange sticker. We have to examine everything before we remove those stickers to make sure they're okay from the move.





Here's the final result. The faces of pure exhaustion.






No comments:

Post a Comment