Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Side Table Makeover

We were working in Ryan's office this past weekend when I spotted this little gem. It's a really nice, heavy piece by Lane, so I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. It holds the coffee & coffee supplies in the office so it's front and center when clients come into the office.


After we spruced up the office I headed to Home Depot (I could easily spend my life savings here) and made a b-line to the paint department. I swear by Behr paint + primer to paint furniture. This stuff covers in one coat every time. Don't tell the elders, but I worked on this table last Sunday afternoon... with the garage door open. I'm sure someone called me a heathen.

I used 220 grit sandpaper to take off the top coat of polyurethane.



I chose Behr's Classic Silver for the color to give it a French grey with a modern twist. Once it was dry and I realized it wouldn't need another coat, I first did a happy dance, then I took a piece of leftover sandpaper & distressed the edges & legs a little bit.


Here's a close-up of the distressing.


Here's the finished product. Who wouldn't want to have coffee on this baby?

I'll make sure to take a picture of the table in the office soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment